AwardsDaily Community

Author   Comment  
Watermelons

Reply with quote  #1 
What are everyone's personal Oscar traditions?

Here's one to start: for the past few years on the morning of Oscar Nomination Announcements, I wake up about 90 minutes before the broadcast starts and make myself a "Breakfast of Champions" (eggs, pancakes, wheat toast, biscuits, cinnamon rolls, and grapefruit juice) then I munch along to the great celebration of Hollywood on the TV.

This year I might even live tweet my breakfast along with the nominations LOL! [biggrin]

-Watermelons

Reply with quote  #2 
Hey, Watermelons!

For the noms: A large, very strong cup of coffee and some dog toys I can throw at the TV.

Oscar nite: Big tureen of chili - holdover tradition from Oscar parties in the 70s and 80s. And even more dog toys I can throw at the TV. 
Aussie_Bond

Reply with quote  #3 
My traditions are very young but Noms involve me staying up till 1.30 in the morning finding a live stream and listening to that while watching the reactions on twitter. For the ceremony itself it involves getting out of bed and half sleeping through the red carpet on my couch. Then I watch the ceremony with some friends with them giving me strange looks when i seem to guess almost every category and me feeling smug in the fact that i steal the knowledge of people on the internet.
DirkDiggler

Reply with quote  #4 
Pizza.
glimmer

Reply with quote  #5 
mostly being on the comp and catching who won via whatever sites.ha ha..

yes,i'm horrible i'm not even as ultra focused on the oscarss (i'm not even doing/looking at movie related stuff) usually it's just hmm, lets just who/what has won.check again xxx minutes later.

i think i've thrown up a few words during an a.d open session during a couple of oscar nights.but you know that's far out and gone in 40 seconds with so many voices/posts floating by.

really,cared nothing about the race last year. i'm gonna at least fake it this year or  fake it 2%. ta da....
Oscarrific

Reply with quote  #6 
I used to have Oscar traditions but my life has changed in the last few years and so has my Oscar partying. One thing I did last year is have a contest where the winner won a chocolate Oscar, as scene in this photo. Anyways I'm not worried. I've got five weeks to think about it.Chocolate Oscar.jpg 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!